The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is responsible for lobbying in the United States Congress, federal agencies and the Executive Branch. NAR’s website is a vast storehouse of information to assist REALTORS® and there are many resources available to assist state and local associations in their government affairs activities.
Federal Political Coordinators
Every member of Congress is assigned a REALTOR® called a Federal Political Coordinator or FPC. FPCs are a specially selected group of 535 REALTORS® who are the voice and the face of real estate to our federal lawmakers, playing a pivotal role in REALTOR® Party Outreach. Click here to learn more about FPC’s.
The following NMAR members have been named FPC to the following New Mexico elected officials:
- Senator Ray Lujan – Lela Holmes, Farmington
- Senator Martin Heinrich – Lois Sury, Santa Fe
- Representative Melanie Stansbury – Josh Price, Albuquerque
- Representative Teresa Leger Fernandez – Baro Shalizi, Santa Fe
- Representative Gabe Vasquez – Kent Simpson, Las Cruces
NAR offers many tools and resources for local associations; click here for more information.