The Stanley H. Mathis Foundation
The Stanley H. Mathis Foundation was created in 1976 to foster high-quality educational opportunities for REALTORS® and Member Affiliates.
The purpose of the Foundation is to foster educational opportunities for real estate professionals through grants to New Mexico institutions of higher learning to offer additional courses in real estate and allied fields for the benefit of all students, and for the establishment of student scholarship funds. Special consideration is given to applicants for scholarships who are interested in pursuing careers in the real estate profession.
If you are a REALTOR® in good standing with the New Mexico Association of REALTORS®, you are automatically a member of the Stanley H. Mathis Foundation.
Grants are available for:
- Core Instructor training
- Professional Standards/Ombuds training
- Specialty training for rural area needs
- e-Mail marketing and social media skills
- Educational speakers & facilitators for association events
- Sponsorships for association educational events and workshops
- Scholarships to those interested in pursuing careers in real estate
- Investments to help seed and grow the fund
How to apply for a grant:
- Complete the Stanley H. Mathis Foundation (SHMF) Grant Application.
- The application for assistance must be for a specific educational need and accompanied by proper documentation of the Association or Member Affiliate receiving assistance. (The Foundation does not cover routine business expenses or unrelated expenses.)
- Applicants must agree to contribute a minimum of 10% of the requested grant amount to the specific educational project for which funds are being requested.
- Grant for any single project shall not exceed an aggregate of $5,000 during any 12-month period without additional prior approval from The Foundation.
- Application must include completion date. No funds will be disbursed after three months of completion date and without a project completion form.
If the application is deficient for any reasons above, a Foundation Trustee or designee shall notify the applicant. Please refer to the New Mexico Association of REALTORS® Stanley H. Mathis Foundation Policies and Procedures for full details.
Stanley H. Mathis Foundation Documents
- SHMF Flyer – Provides NMAR Members an overview of the program, its use, and how to apply and access SHMF funds.
- SHMF Grant Application Form – Use this form to apply for SHMF funds for your NMAR Member education endeavor.
- SHMF Brochure – Provides a historical overview of SHMF and how to donate.
- SHMF Bylaws – The bylaws that guide the SHMF operations and activities.
- SHMF Policies and Procedures – The rules and guidelines on how SHMF will conduct its affairs.
- SHMF Donation Form – Use this form to make a donation to the Foundation.
2021 SHMF Officers and Trustees
- Kriston Roberts, Alamogordo – President
- Joshua Price, Albuquerque – Vice President
- Marcia Tidwell, Roswell – Treasurer/Secretary
- Cathy Colvin, Albuquerque – Trustee
- Daniel Coleman, Roswell – Trustee
- Damon Maddox – Trustee/Ex Officio
- Judy Jones, Alamogordo – Trustee
- Linda Michaud, Alamogordo – Trustee
- Teresa Ramos, Las Cruces – Trustee
- M. Steven Anaya, Santa Fe – Ex Officio
- Colleen Mooney – NMAR Staff Liaison
Apply for a grant!
To apply for a Stanley H. Mathis (SHMF) Grant, complete the application below. Be sure to review the SHMF Policies and Procedures for complete details and guidelines for requesting a grant.
Make a contribution
Stanley H. Mathis Foundation is happy to accept donations as well. To make a donation, complete SHMF Donation Form.
For more information contact NMAR at 505-982-2442 or e-mail us.